[NetEpic ML] Re: Revision Issue: Titans

From: <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:29:38 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warprat" <warprat_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 1:34 PM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Re: Revision Issue: Titans

> The points you make are very good. But have you ever thought about
> this:
>
> A titan on First Fire does not move. The titan is as big as a building.
> (A skiny, wavering building in the case of Eldar)
> How can your weapon even fail to hit? Think about it.

> Well, you asked. First you have this thing that is as big as a building
drawing its guns on you. That JUST MIGHT make you alittle nervous and you
might not take you time to aim and squeeze the trigger more like jerk it a
few times then run like HELL! As for the Eldar The Halo feild is supposed to
mess up your targeters, normal troops might see 3 or 4 of them not knowing
witch is the real target.

> Why should you even roll the dice? Why should you roll scatter on a

Well guns might jam, miss fire, or while you 'er triing to get that loaf out
of your pants might forget to reload.

> titan template? Why not simply say "I aimed at your head, your
> automaticly hit." Really, why not?

The template is to show that while many shots hit THAT was the SHOT that did
damage