[NetEpic ML] Re: Flyer rules

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:57:25 -0600

Hi!

Hi Peter,

You have done wonderfull work with the Flyer rules. A couple of
questions, though.

1) In your "older" proposed Flyer rules, you suggested that AA would be
able to fire more than once in a turn. Is this still the case?
Yes, the AA rules dont change.

2) Can other ground units fire at flyers?
Rules for infantry firing at them remain the same.

3) Some flyers had weapons with a greater range than 25cm. This allowed
them to possibly attack ground targets, without entering the range of AA
guns. The Eldar flyers being the best example. I think some of the
"Flavor" goes out of the game, with the 25cm rule. I look forward to
some much cheaper bombers, however, if the 25cm range is adopted.
All weapons on flyers are reduced to 25cm for convenience. Permiting long range weapons on flyers defeats the purpose of even having rules for them. Besides why have AA if the planes will stay out of range? In real life AA has a much better range thats why they need be taken out by flyers first before strafers go in.

Thanks for your GREAT work on the Flyer Rules, Peter!
Thanks!