[NetEpic ML] heresy

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:59:22 GMT

Hi Peter. Another volley of stuff for Heresy :)

First the general stuff:
I know I have asked this before, but I will repeat it....put ALL skills in
the core rules. Otherwise you have situations like the Rampage skill which
are possessed by only a single unit in the game, but which are still core
skills.

Why not add the break point and victory point values directly to the army
lists, where unit compositions and point costs are found anyway???

You should seriously consider allowing some infantry with anti-infantry
weapons limited anti-armour fire ability. Perhaps, make a new weapon
designation called "Combined" or something similar. Units with combined
weapons fire and suppress as anti-infantry weapons, but may fire at armoured
targets at short range. Eventually give them -1 or -2 on armour penetration
rolls.
As things are now, the mainstay of most armies, the tactical infantry, are
simply cannon fodder. And while Epic scale games are very charactirized by
the horrible fate of the grunts, they still deserve a chance. (BTW, I love
infantry in Epic ;) )

Make it more difficult to make criticals on titans, otherwise I think they
will be wasted VERY easily.

It is extremely rare for units to be suppressed more than once. Therefore
the ork ability with regards to multiple suppresson is rather pointless. I'd
suggest being suppressed twice incurs penalties, with the penalty rising for
being suppressed 4 times etc.

Can units suppress a single target unit by directing really massive
firepower towards it???

Space marine army list:
Why do flamer marines get rhinos when the rest doesn't? I can't imagine that
the small portion of flamer marines in a chapter could possibly steal the
rhino's from the rest of the chapters forces.....

Imperial guard army list:
Heavy infantry should really only have an assault rating of 2....I know I
have bothered you with this before but if quality arguments don't help, then
try with quantity :)

Consider giving the rough riders a +1 armour bonus to take into account the
additional difficulties in taking down a bio-engineered horse with a
foul-smelling (but fierce) Atillan on top.

Is it intentional that imperial guard tactical detachments cannot be
mechanized as their detachments ar too big???

Perhaps the knights should be independent instead of heroes? Of course this
might represent the inspiration these mighty war machines would inspire in
teh grunts, but I can't imagine a knight giving orders to a bunch of IG
grunts in a trench. If making them independent then this should of course
also apply to eldar and chaos knights.

Squat army list:

Squat termites get an armour of 5, but IG termites have armour 6. This
appears to be a typo, since the squats propably invented the things, it
would seem logical that they get the best ones.

Shouldn't the special characters like ancestor lords etc. have the stealth
ability??

Eldar army list:

Dark reapers definately shouldn't have so much armour! They are also
overpowered in NetEpic which is ridiculous. In 40K they have armour like
striking scorpions, so why the hefty armour plating (walking tanks actually)
in Heresy? I advice reducing this to 5 or at the very most 6.

Aren't the warp spiders death web a bit too wild? In 40K it was always an
anti-personal weapon. Why do this weapon have both range AND a template?

Chaos army list:

I'd suggest giving the androids an armour of 6. That way they will be a bit
more special, rather than just a kind of "poor mans marines".

How come the chaos squats haven't got the "rugged defense" skill of their
less enlightened brethren??

Chaos definately needs some restrictions on high-ranking commanders, just
like anyone else has.

Ork army list:

Stompas are heroes, but the thing about knights above might apply here.
However, I kinda like the idea of a stompa leading orks into battle. Kinda
appropriate?

Make ork nobz! Simply make them replace the boyz that accompany ork leaders.
Keep the current stats (Except perhaps a +1 bonus to assault) but make their
weapons all-purpose (blastas) instead of anti-infantry. Simple and
characterfull.

Hope you can use this salvo of stuff...and if anyone else has comments
please bring 'em on