[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:19:34 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Ramos
  To: netepic_at_egroups.com
  Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 10:35 AM
  Subject: [NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

  Hi!
The Slant at the moment id to accept the hull costs as follows:
Warhound, 200 points: reaver 300; and Warlord 450.
>!! Still say up warlord 500, reaver 350, with new rules this will equal out
>> 3.Quake cannon-overpriced, by a lot, only one shot and the volcano is a lot
>> better, I'd say its not worth more than 50 points

75 for this I think. It has its uses. Perhaps we should give it back its
Barrage Template?
>>! but if you give it back its barrage template wont it get 2 roll one to destroy the building and one for infantry inside?
ie. on a hit roll to damage building, if not damaged roll for troops getting hit say so in core rules
now this weapon worth 100pts
Hmm, thats not a bad thought, if we give it a template like it used to have, I'd support a cost of 75 point or perhaps 100.

These are some of the best Titan weapons of all IMHO. I LIKE the rules the way
they stand. Sure you can't use any other weapons when you use the Destructor
or Cannon and the Destructor stops you moving next turn. Who cares? Put it on
a Fire Support Titan. Destructor, Fire Con tower, Chain Fist and Melta Gun are
my favourites. It just stands up the back and shoots once per turn with the
Destructor. If anyone gets too close, you haven't been shooting them enough.
But just stay on First Fire and when they charge you, let loose with the Melta
Cannon and then use the Chain Fist. Easy.

If we make the Destructor and Cannon drop shields, no one will take them. I
certainly won't. I like them as is.
I have caved in to the pressure! Okay guys the slant is to leave as is.
Still say you should be able to move maybe just half your normal distance
but not fire other weapons

>> 13.Multi-launcher, if you played AT you know this is NOTHING like its
>> predecessor, it just plain sucks. I say either give it a save modifier of -1
>> or extra templates to earn its points.

Very, very, very true. I'd support this whole heartedly.
I'd give the multilauncher a -1 save modifier to balance it out.
>>!! boo just give it 2 templates, for this is a anti infanrty weapon and should stay that way
Why dose every Titan weapon have to have a TSM.

Yes, yes, yes Apart from the HArpoon, these are just too good. They need
adjusting. Either make them expensive or make them specials. Or restrict it
to only ONE of each type per game, period.
I'd definately supprt the idea of a special card or 1 per titan, which do people prefer?
>>!! make them cost just as much as a Titan hull 300-400pts should curve there use this will limit them to game size
increase the TSM on Harpoon to -3 or -4,

And as to the Deathstrike variants, I'd like to see some newer versions of them
come up. The Warp Missiles are supposed to be almost as hard to produce as the
Vortex Missiles. But the IG use them everyday? Yeah, right. Perhaps the IG
should just get two versions: an Anti-Tank and an Anti-Personnel missile.
Nothing fancy.
When we get to them in the IG list no doubt a heated debate will arise, one things certain they need to be changed and streamlined!
>>!! this is were you use the special card, for if the death strike wants one of these missiles then it has to take it in the special card spot
and this will limit them to game size

>> 18.All close combat weapons, they rules are okay, but why pay for them, how
>> often does close combat occur in these rules? Not very much unlike AT. I'd
>> save give people an incentive and give close combat weapons for free

Or make them dirt cheap.
The slant is for dirt cheap.
>>!! make all 10pts

I'd really like to meet you one day, Peter. You and I seem to think alike.
You must be a great guy!
  The internet is a very cool thing, you meet all kinds of nice people and actually making pretty good friends, its drawback, never being able to meet or at least with much difficulty is a pain. Heck, I've dealt with some of you for over three years and would not recognize you if you walked in front of me! Those like Kelvin, whose been around for awhile may notice we do think alike, how else we got all this done and are still together? I feel lucky that all the cool guys followed me when this all began, its become more than making a gaming, I actually feel I come home everyday to talk with my many friends, even if I cant see you! Then again with communications getting even better and affordable we might have real time conferences in the not too distant future, heck I got a digital camera and a DSL line waiting for any of you to do the same and finally meet in flesh (digital flesh that is)!

  eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/netepic