[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:35:17 +1000

At 06:19 PM 3/6/00 -0500, Hellreich wrote:

>>> If we make the Destructor and Cannon drop shields, no one will take
them. I
>>> certainly won't. I like them as is. I have caved in to the pressure! Okay
>>> guys the slant is to leave as is. Still say you should be able to move
>>> maybe just half your normal distance but not fire other weapons

Nah. I think the rules for the Destructor and Cannon as they stand are pretty
good, really. Shoot the Destructor, you cause such a drain on the reactor that
you can't fire other weapons this turn, suffer a CAF penatly and you can't move
the next turn. But if you DO fire you get 6 of the deadliest shots available
in the game. Real tank killers. Harsh trade off, but often worth it (IMHO).
I've wiped out entire SuperHeavy Companies with the Destructor. I've scragged
an Imperator with one (yes, the shields were down). I lost the Warlord to
enemy close assault, but the trade-off was definately worth it.

>>> Very, very, very true. I'd support this whole heartedly. I'd give the
>>> multilauncher a -1 save modifier to balance it out. >>!! boo just give it 2
>>> templates, for this is a anti infanrty weapon and should stay that way Why
>>> dose every Titan weapon have to have a TSM

But they don't. Look at the LasBlaster, Inferno Gun and Vulcan Mega-Bolter.
They are worth taking as they can do serious damage to enemy infantry and don't
have TSMs. Look at the way the Multi-Launcher is. It sucks. Even if it fired
two templates, I still wouldn't take it. But if it had the -1TSM, I'd
seriously consider it. A -1TSM doesn't make that huge a difference (except if
you're a NetEpic Space Marine....). I like the change to the -1TSM.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."