[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar holofield cheese?

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:27:23 -0800

Hi Butch!

Although I agree with Travis, that the Eldar have the best looking
titan's of the game, I share your concerns about the holofield. This is
relected by the data, in following table I found at:

http://www.gol.grosseto.it/istanze/tabletoys/epic/etitstat.html

Sean Smith has a web page with some very interesting comparisons. Here
is a quick comparison of titan toughness vs. various weapons. These are
the average amount of shots needed to disable a titan.

                  +1 SHOTS +2 SHOTS +3 SHOTS +2 BARRAGE +3 BARRAGE
 Warhound 19.0 13.3 4.7 13.3 10.5
 Reaver 33.4 23.6 6.4 23.6 18.7
 Warlord 14.8 11.9 8.4 11.9 10.4
 Imperator 255.0 93.0 20.1 93.0 52.5
 Phantom 64.4 32.4 10.8 10.8 7.6
 (number needed to damage wings) 3.4 2.7
 Slasher Gargant 40.5 27.0 5.4 27.0 20.3
 Great Gargant 40.5 30.5 10.8 30.5 24.3

Titans with holofields are very tough. Eliminating the Barrage
weakness, MAY make Eldar titans too powerfull. I'm somewhat inclined,
however, to trust what the other opinions are. Peter likes this
revision. I think Kelvin does too.

I know, in my own group, we try to use the NetEpic rules. Most of them
are pretty good. And, at least, you have a CHANCE to change them, if
they're not. The gamers on this board have a lot of experience to draw
from, and are good people.

I'd like to hear some more discussion, Pro or Con.

What does everyone else think?

Warprat ;)