[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar holofield cheese?

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:21:50 -0800

Hi Butch!

I agree with you that most of the rules are fair. Games Workshop
created a very good game. NetEpic has improved on it. And NetEpic
continues to improve on it.

I didn't agree with everything in the original rules, and I don't agree
with everything in NetEpic. But I've had my opinion changed, many
times, by the other fine gamers on this board.

Of course, some of the changes lately, are things I do not completely
agree with either. But, at least, we all have a chance to express our
opinion. We have a chance to persuade others. And, we all get an equal
vote. That's more than we ever had with Games Workshop.

If you like, or don't like something, please speak up. Give good
reasons why we should think as you do. Give some examples. Your
involvement benefits us all. Everybody has something to contribute.

I especially respect, those who play an army, on both sides. As I like
to do myself. And, I like reading the opinions of those who love the
game. Whether, or not, I agree.

Warprat ;)

Butch Hobson wrote:

I haven't agreed with *any* of the Titan revisions; not Eldar or not
Imperial. I have no problem with leaving the Alternate Holofield rules
as just that *Alternate* Holofield rules.

Eldar titans have Holofields, a devastating array of weapons, a very
thin damage template chart, very tough saves on locations, and are
faster the other titans. Do they *need* a modified Holo-save?
Titans like all other units in this game have strength and weaknesses.
The trick to using them is to play to their strengths and your
opponents' weaknesses. You don't need to change the rules to make them
fair. Most of them already are.

And, for the record, I play Marines *and* Eldar.