[NetEpic ML] Re: R: Decision,decisions,what to do with the revision?

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:58:15 +1000

At 08:33 PM 3/16/00 -0500, Hellreich wrote:
>Well I don't feel the Multi Missiles needed a -1 TSM maybe a large templete
>but not a -1 for it was changed to a anti infantry weapon now it is and can
>be a indirect Titan hunter which is ****edup Why is it that the IMP *****
>players get all the good stuff. Please tell me this for I hate the fact that
>SM and Imp players get everything. And if you feel I wrong check all the
>stats on all the armies before you write me back

Its not so much that it was changed to an anit-personnel weapon that honked
me off, but the fact that it was changed to a "my gods this SUCKS" weapon.

The Imperials don't get "all the good weapons". Sure, most of the Titan
weapons are very good and the majority of the Titan weapons have a TSM.
But why should they not? Look at the Titans! They are designed to fight
other large armoured units. To damage them, you need to have some armour
piercing capability and so most of their weapons are designed for that.
Their anti-personnerls weapons are mostly short-ranged and high ROF for use
in built-up areas. On an open battlefield, they would be more concerned
with taking out the enemy armour. In a city, they'd be more concerned with
the Infantry. So making the Multi-launcher and multiroll weapon of either
anti-personnel or light anti-armour makes a good deal of sense. This way
people will actually consider using it.

Other Imperial Weapons are pretty good, but they certainly don't get "all
the good ones". The Imperials have their share of mediocre and crap
weapons. The key strength of the Imperials is that the three armies that
make up the fighting forces of the Imperials; the Guard, the Titan Legions
and the Marines; all cover gaps in the others' organisation. The Guard
have numbers and lots of armour, the Legions bring the Titans and other
Praetorians while the Marines are fast assault infantry. Put them all
together and it sure looks like they get th ebest of everthing. But look
at them seperately (or more importantly, PLAY them seperately) and they
have very definite strengths and weaknesses. Marines have little in the
way of heavy anti-armour punch and artillery, the Legions lack good
infantry and tank formations while the Guard lack sufficient numbers of
good assault units and tend to be very slow.

In no way are we trying to give the Imperials "all the good stuff". The
Multi Rocket Launcher was a weapon that sucked and so we tried to upgrade.
Now its a worthy candidate for mounting on the Hardpoint of a Titan. The
-1 TSM doesn't make it some kind of Titan Hunter or armour killer. Sure a
-1 helps, but its not THAT significant. I've killed Titans with a
Gargant's HE for crying out loud and that give a +1 on the save!

But we are very democratic on this list, so in my next post, I'll poll it.
If you don't like the change, vote! Its the best way to make the change!

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."