[NetEpic ML] Re: The Great Holofield Debate. Vote Now!

From: Travis Smart <Hikaru_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:50:35 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2000 1:37 AM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Re: The Great Holofield Debate. Vote Now!

> Hi Kelvin!
>
> Very well summarized, and with little bias. Thankyou!
>
> Now my votes,

*sniparoony*

> > Model 6:
> > Let the Holofields give their save against barrages, but unlike
direct-fire
> > weapons, this save is subject to the barrage's save modifier. This way,
> > the Titan gets SOME protection from barrages, but doesn't become too
immune
> > to them.
> >

> Sorry, higher penetration, does not make the shot more accurate, or the
> explosion bigger. I like what this idea tries to do, but it just isn't
> logical.
>

> What does everyone else think? Vote, Vote, Vote!!!
>
> Warprat ;)

I gotta say,I like 6. It makes sense: the bigger the boom,the more likely
shrapnel/concussion will do damage when youre shot misses.its like a napalm
strike,or a fuel air explosive; as long as youre within a 50 yards of your
target,you are going to ruin his day. The 6th option is balanced,gives eldar
a chance against barrage without making them invulnerable,and is backed up
by *GASP* real world physics.

Of course,you could all vote for holofields affecting barrage and it
wouldnt hurt my feelings in the least,honest.... : )

Trav
hikaru_at_...
 "Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire,it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
 George Washington