[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar Holofields

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 00:34:17 -0800

> <SIGH> No offence intended here, Lorenzo, but you REALLY haven't
played
> against the kind of people I have.

I can understand the problem, that's why I proposed the little rule
add-on.
It doesn't leave any room to "creative interpretation".

> >> My proposal: place the barrage template without scattering, and
resolve
> >> hits on all units EXCEPT the titan. Then roll for scatter: if it
> >> scatters off the titan model, you've missed it; otherwise resolve
the
> >> hit on the titan too.
> >> This adds a little more work, but consider this: how often will
this
> >> situation come up (especially knowing you're not getting any "rule
> >> loophole bonus" for it)?
>
> This could work with the following problem: what happens to the
scattered
> template? Does it affect the troops it lands on too? This way I get
the
> effects of a Hop-Splat gun without playing Orks!

No, of course not. I was not aiming for exact rule wording in my
message, but basically the idea is: resolve all hits normally against
non-titan units, then use the scatter procedure ONLY for determining
whether the titan was hit or not. Basically, the template points to the
"landing position" of the barrage, and non-titan units under it have
been obviously hit; the scatter roll tells you if the titan was REALLY
there too, or if it was just the holofield image.

Luca Lettieri