[NetEpic ML] Re: Unit Coherency company cards comp

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:49:04 GMT

>In case of marines since trasnports are an integral part all units (troops
>and APC) need to be in coherency where possible. Troops may enter terrain
>where transports can not move into, so in this case keep them as close as
>possible.
>
>Now the warhost and Exodus slann are somewhat different. they do form one
>company, but each from their own detachment, meaning that the infantry and
>transport MAY move indepenedently of each other.
>
>I would for the sake of completeness rule that the rhinos of marine
>detachments also form their own detachment and thus too move independently.
>As the net epic rules stand yuo may give separate orders to both troops and
>APC anyway, why not treat them as independent detachments to begin with.

Good idea. THis would make the marines very flexible. Otherwise give some
other advantage to troops that include APC's in their detachments as they
would obviously be trained in combined arms warfare. I dont know what it
should be though.

Anyway, the NetEpic rule for movement after embarking / disembarking from
transports is too cumbersome and irritating. A simpler system like Heresy or
E40K would be better.