[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar Holofields/Multi-Launcher

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:55:20 GMT

>Well, I screwed up and posted this under The Multi-Launcher, instead of
>the Holofield. I'm in favor of some kind of scatter method on the Eldar
>titan template, when a barrage penetrates the holofield.

I dont agree......since the missiles / grenades / shells etc. are targeted
at a wide area (about as big as the titan base) why should it scatter more?
And why can hits from barrages be aimed at specific locations anyway???? If
you are carbet bombing an area how the hell could you aim a shell at the
left arm?

>I'm not in favor of barrage scatter for the Multi_Launcher, because
>rockets are direct fire weapons, hence no scatter. It's a bit like the
>Griffon, but the rockets do not ignore cover.

I think we need to consider a certain distinction in the NetEpic revision.

Classify current barrage weapons as either :

A: Barrage weapons. These weapons are proper artillery that fires indirectly
and shells a wide area (whirlwind, basilisk etc.)

B: Blast weapons. These weapons fire directly at targets but still cover
large areas through massive salvos of rockets, huge shells etc. (Quake
cannon, SM dreadnoughts with missiles, multiple rockets etc.) They cannot
fire indirectly but will still roll to hit targets under a barrage template.