[NetEpic ML] Re: The Great Holofield Debate. Vote Now!

From: (wrong string) � Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:31:44 CET

Hi everybody!
I'm a bit green in these group, although I've been playing Epic and Space
marine for a long time (Since Adeptus Titanicus).

I've just joined in and I've seen a debate on (Eldar) Holofields, wether
they should save against barrage or not.

I think that in the beggining, rules stating that Holofields were useless
against barrage were OK. That was because most of barrage weapons didn't
have any STM. This was because barrage weapons are intended as
"Cannon-Fodder-Killers", as they use fragmentation ammunition and grape
shots. Of course, that meant that using Thudd Guns and mole mortars (
e.g.Marines) against Eldar Titans was the only way to hit them. Because of
this 0 STM killing an Eldar Titan was as difficult as with other Titans.
But now GW has created lots of Titan Killers (mainly Squats) that unbalance
this terms. A very useful Marine Tactic was placing Thunderhawk gunships
behind Eldar titans and fry them with rockets/bombs.
I agree that now this rule is unbalancing, but more unbalancing is the
application of holofields to EVERY shot and barrage thrown to Titans.

I think that the better solution would be:
1-Don't apply Eldar holofields to barrage
2-Throw scatter dice when firing barrage to an Eldar Titan...
3-...until a "hit" is thrown or the titan is hit with any other barrage
weapon (even scattered)
3-Increase Eldar Titans armour STM by +1 against barrage with STM equal or
higher than -2.

Sorry for my English!