[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar Holofields

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:00:12 +1000

At 03:56 PM 3/20/00 +0100, Lorenzo wrote:
>Kelvin wrote:
>> <SIGH> No offence intended here, Lorenzo, but you REALLY haven't played
>> against the kind of people I have.
>
>I'll print this sentence and I'll hang it up on my gaming association
>room :)

<Snip long discussion.>

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. I don't think you
see what I mean, Lorenzo. If you like I will do up a diagram of what I
mean and mail it to you as an attachment. Its easier to see what I am
trying to get at that way. Trust me. There are quite a few problems with
the indirect scatter model that I have already had experience with.

>Ah ah ah!!! no rules say you can do it, why you should allow poeople to
>"transport" models on bases, some of my opponent tried to do it years
>ago, I'm still laughing :PPPPP.

No rule says you CAN'T do it either, a particular problem we had with a
particular gamer at our club which resulted in us eventually writing in our
rules sets 'NO CHEATING' so as to stop him from doing it: "It doesn't say
anywhere in here that I CAN'T do it!". People can simply say that the
troops are standing under the Titan (with the original AT rules you COULD
actually protect other units with Void Shields by placing them on the
Titan's base). You're not trying to "transport" them (by which I think you
mean placing the models on the base, then moving the Titan, conveniently
carrying the infantry with it on the base), they are just standing there
under the Titan. (For the record, I think that is a bit cheesy too.)

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."