[NetEpic ML] Re: Commanders on charge & first fire

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:38:11 -0500

Hi. I liked some of what I heard about the direction netepic is taking, so I
figured I'd listen in for a while. We'll see how long I keep it up if traffic
stays high. :)

I know some of you from the old space-marine list. I'm still on the epic
list.

> > I have a question regarding commanders, movment an firing:
> >
> > Is it correct that a commandunit can move up to chargerate and still fire
> in
> > the first fire phase? Or does he have to keep his movement within
> > advance-rate to get to fire in first fire segment.
>
> He moves on charge and fires in the first fire phase.

I have a question on a different but related topic. I never liked how command
units worked in SM/TL. They didn't always have a reason to stay with their
command. (I played marines, and maybe there wasn't much problem elsewhere.)
Of course, the detachments from a company can split up, but I usually had what
amounted to a unit of commanders running around together. It seemed weird.

If this is mostly a perception problem, I could have just kept the commander
with one of his detachments. But (that I remember--it has been a long time)
there wasn't any benefit directly from that.

Does Net Epic provide any incentive to either keep commanders with some from
their command, or to make them behave as some sort of "command", instead of
wandering around as fast/shooty units?

Just wondering if you'd addressed one of the things I always thought was a bit
weird.

thanks,
andy