[NetEpic ML] Re: Space Marine revision

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:36:20 -0500

From Hellreich:
We are trying not to use allies in are league to much room for cheese
armies, as for the DA Ravenwing would put my army into a bined for I'd
have
to choose DA support cards for it, playing fairly that is. Thus I would
not
be able to choose a heavy support squad.

-->OK, so what's the basis for your army then? A DA Ravenwing company is
just a SM company card, so you take whatever support cards that a SM
company can. take a dread detachment, or addition bikes/landspeeders.
Or suport them with whirlwinds. Depends on what you intend to use the
company for. If you're using a primarily IG army, then there are IG
bikes and land speeders, though I don't recall there being a company
sized card for them. And I still don't see a real problem for cheeze, if
Allies have restricted lists. It's a compromise really, but one that can
work. This is more of an issue for Imperial armies, as it is fairly
common for there to be intermingling of teh forces. Special instances
have occurred when Eldar and Imps ally, and the Chaos-Ork connection is
far more prevalent. I'm not saying it should be an every battle thing,
but it should be based in the rules, so that any sort of argument that
may arise, can be simply averted by the rules themselves.

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell