[NetEpic ML] Re: Side Issue

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:42:39 -0800

Hi Peter!

Sorry, don't like it.

It basicly comes down to what the purpose of the Bolter is. In the past
Bolters have always been 15cm, hit 6+. This is because they were mostly
used for infantry defense. Since almost all infantry can only charge
20cm, this made it a last ditch defense.

If the weapon range is extended to 25cm, you can now hit these same
infantry twice, before they close. Bolters would no longer be a purely
defensive, last ditch weapon.

Also, Bolters have the ability to fire on First Fire defensively, no
matter what the orders of the unit were. Even if the vehicle charged.
This is fine at 15cm, but not at 25cm.

What does everyone else think?

Warprat ;)