[NetEpic ML] Re: Summary of changes to date

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:31:55 -0600

Hi!

> Still, i havn't playtested it, but i have to agree with you on stats
basis.
> A titan this hi-tech should have good saves/repair rolls, even better
> than the Eldar. The Slann titans are after all the pinnacle of technology!
> I can live with the modified save rolls as you've suggested, and at
> a price of 1500 for the smallest, and 2000 for the biggest, they suddenly
> become interesting. With the new carapace save, there's also a reduced
> chance

I agree, the king will get all higher saves while the Komodo just gets a
higher carapce save, since the king is supposed to be heavily armored.

> of it becoming totally lost in the warp. I'd like to see some sort of save
> against warp/vortex missiles as well, since it doesn't seem fair that
> a cheap detach of deathstrikes can take out 15-20 (20-25 atm.)
> VP's with a few pot shots.

We have suggested that the shields applies to vortex and warp missles as
well so you do get a save against them. It would be fair otherwise.

> Does the warp missile actually travel in the warp btw? As i've understood,
> the warp shield causes the titan to blink in and out of the warp, and
> if the warp missile doesn't travel in the warp, it seems to me that it
> shouldn't be able to hit the titan if said titan is currently "blinked".

According to the origianl fluff, it does travel the warp, materializing
inside the target, but it is very innacurate and scatters a lot. The
warhead, however is just plain explosives. Its the ability to materialize in
a target that makes it dangerous.

Peter