[NetEpic ML] Re: Transport Vehicles

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 02:57:12 -0500

Does anyone actually see transport vehicles used *as transports* in a
game after the first turn ("regular" transports like rhinos,
battlewagons, falcons, not invulnerable wave serpents or termites etc)
? I've usually seen them in use the first turn only (rush up &
disembark) because no one wants their units to just get waxed for free
while repositioning. The few times I've seen it, the casualties have
been horrendous. Sooo.....

-->i do. Especially when I need to grab an objective at a certain point
int he game. The trick is to use the transports wisely, and not to try
and cut things too close. the trick is to move the main battle to one
side of the board, then charge the troops in transports to the far
objectives, away from the main fighting. Other than that, it is suicide
to try and do much else after the first turn.

As for a bail-out rule, it should be at most 6+ (possibly fixed). think
about it. If you're pumping enough rounds at an APC to take it out, then
bailing out isn't exactly going to be the safest thing to do. Chances
are, you're gonna roll out into the line of fire, and get shredded. Just
something to keep in mind..that and that this should apply to all units
in transports, regardless of army...

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell