Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Why all the changes? was: Flyers revisited yet again!

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:59:07 -0500

Hi!

Heheh, true. I wouldn't mind keeping the marine save, its alright, and at
least makes them different. The main thing is not to go crazy and give
everybody saves. Some units really function as attack and die units thats
their purpose, so giving a save may cause inbalance.

I think the game CAN accomodate some minor changes to make at least the
basic infantry different and keep them true to the background.

These are some ideas which could be put in the optional book or if they suit
people's fancy, a core rule

Marines
Supposed to be pretty good shots, give them a 4+ to hit

Eldar
Guardians are supposed to lay down a lot of fire with their catapults so why
not give them an extra attack die versus infantry.

Orks
They always tweak their weapons making them more lethal, why not give them
a -1 modifier to all boys regardless of clan affiliation (bad moonz keep
their -2).

These are but a few, no doubt other will mention more.

Peter

> > So I'd make much more of an arguement for leaving these without a save
and
> > to reverting marines back like all infantry.
>
> On the other hand, one of the reasons I got interested in taking a look at
Net