Re: [NetEpic ML] Special Cards for Chaos

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:30:43 -0400

Chaos should be allowed, ONE Special Card, per Greater Daemon.

List of possible Special Cards:

1) Vortex Missile.
2) Warp Missile.
-->As these are special cards for the Imps, they should be so for Chaos.
Both these missle types should also only be available to Tzeentch units,
specificaly Titans.

3) Warlord Titan.
4) Reaver Titan.
5) Warhound Titan.
6) Warhound Scout Detachment.
7) Subjugator Squadron.
8) Questor Squadron.
9) Space Marine Legion.
--->Keep these as they are. The legions can only be taken if their
primarch is on the field, so they're already limited. The Slaaneshi
scout Titans are about the only real thing that a Slaaneshi force gets,
so to limit them further only weakens the army as a whole.

10) Chaos Magus.
11) Chaos Forward Observer.
-->No problem.

12) ONE Thunderhawk.
-->I would only give these when the Legions are in play. Unlike many of
the renegades, they still retain some of their pre-heresy organization,
and tactics. These would be part of the remnants of the original forces.
 Double the points per T-hawk though.

13) Chaos Space Marine Chaplin (New Unit?)
-->No. uh-uh. No sirree bob. This isn't really a good idea. the only
exception I can think of though, would be the Word Bearer chapter, and
then I'd still make it ONE for the entire army.

14) Warp Palace of Tzeench (Counts as Greater Deamon, and Special Card)
15) Plague Tower.
16) Khorne Banelord.
17) Lord of Battles.
-->again, keep these as they are. Generally, you'll only field one, or
two of these, and only if it's a "pure" army of one Chaos god (for more
than one). They fit the concept of a Greater demon, and shoudl be
treated as such.

18) Hell-Strider Detachment.
19) Hell-Scourge Detachment.
20) Hell-Knight Detachment.

-->Slaanesh gets little enough as it is. Keep these as they are.

What does everyone else think?
-->and that's what I think...8P

Warprat ;)

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell