Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Polls and Imperial Guard

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:06:26 -0500

Hi!

hehe, but most armies do have at least one weapon that doesn't require line
of sight (ork krooz misul for example). The thing is why do you NEED the
vehicle to see the target? If it has a camera in the nose then it doesn't
actually have to see it, it does so through the camera.

This weapon has NEVER needed line of sight from the transport, not in net
epic not in the original rules. Its a fire and forget weapon since the fluff
indicates its guided to the target by the transports computers. Besides what
modern system deploys a missle where the transport of the missile has direct
linoe of sight, none!
Everything is by recon info from local radar or air recon, I view the
deathstrike much the same.

The deathstrike is a useful unit, but I have rarely if ever seen it win a
game, there are a lot of other weapons in epic that do that (and have been
or will be addressed in time).

Of course I suspect that much of the resistance is due to the warp missile.
This is for another topic, but I would really like to see the warp missile
eliminated from its ordinance. I have always seen this as a titan weapon. I
have never seen any of the old fluff stating that they could. I'd just leave
them with barrages, since that what most guided missiles from ground troops
do. The harpoon I'd just ditch because who really uses it anyway?

Food for thought.

Peter