RE: [NetEpic ML] Eldar and Orks

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 10:05:01 +1000

At 09:19 AM 4/6/00 +0200, Karlsen Rune wrote:
>4) Why should the bonesinger heal infantry? Do the Eldar
>have wraithbone in their bodies? If so, are their bodies
>made entirely of wraithbone? It's a whole different matter
>to fix flesh. Doesn't really matter if the skeleton is
>whole if there isn't any blood or flesh left :)

True. Very true.

>The Mekboy gargant seems tough to take out. Im going to
>play my Slann against the Orks this sunday, and the orks
>are fielding a Mekboy Gargant. I looked at the rules
>closely, and it seems really tough to take out. Equip
>it with a CC weapon, and charge a titan with it. With
>it's CAF and the fact that we almost never mount CC
>weapons when we field titans is a sure way to take out
>the opponents expensive titans. Just sit back and listen
>to your opponents cry of disbelief, which is sure to
>be a cry of dispear as his titan bites the bullet...

<SIGH> I've heard this all before. Mekboy Gargants look great on paper.
I know I jumped for joy when I saw them for the first time. Then I bought
and fielded one and found that they simply aren't as unstoppable in battle
as they look on paper. Sure the Shield is pretty good, but 1 in every 6
hits gets through. That happens more times than people care to admit.
Plus there are plenty of weapons in many lists that by-pass it. Tremor
Cannons, Vibro-Cannons, Vortex and Warp missiles, Mole Mortars, etc (dunno
much about the Slann so I can't help you there). Once you get past the
shields, the saves on it are pretty lousy for a Titan and if you start even
one fire, the thing is probably dead. Trust me. Its fairly fast, but
don't forget the charge restrictions on Ork Gargants: when they Charge,
they charge the NEAREST ENEMY UNIT!!!! They don't get to pick! So you can
happily protect your precious Titan for hours by using cheap, throw away
infantry to keep the Mekboy Gargant interested (when you've played an army
for this long, you KNOW all the weakness and special rules by heart). I
think the Mekboy Gargant is just fine the way it is.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."