Re: [NetEpic ML] Eldar and Orks

From: Jim Barr <jimebarr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:33:48 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <pramos2_at_u...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Again I agree with Kelvin. While the Mekboy gargant is a nice unit,
its not
> wonder weapon by any stetch of the imagination. They die quite
easily if
> approached in the right way and the weapons aren't that gret
either. As most
> ork weapons they can do a lot sometimes but they are quite average
most of
> the time (as they should be).
>
> One question Kelvin, where did you get the rule gargants have the
charge the
> closest unit? I admit thats pretty new to me.
>
> Peter

Mekboy Gargants are very nice units for drawing large amounts of
fire, and is a great "point man" for your "real" Gargants or even
just a clan moving up behind it. Send it straight towards the
opponent's titans...or the IG arty company behind the hill...etc and
watch lots of shots come its way...:)

Jim
> > <SIGH> I've heard this all before. Mekboy Gargants look great
on paper.
> > I know I jumped for joy when I saw them for the first time. Then
I bought
> > and fielded one and found that they simply aren't as unstoppable
in battle
> > as they look on paper. Sure the Shield is pretty good, but 1 in
every 6
> > hits gets through. That happens more times than people care to
admit.
> > Plus there are plenty of weapons in many lists that by-pass it.
Tremor
> > Cannons, Vibro-Cannons, Vortex and Warp missiles, Mole Mortars,
etc (dunno
> > much about the Slann so I can't help you there). Once you get
past the
> > shields, the saves on it are pretty lousy for a Titan and if you
start
> even
> > one fire, the thing is probably dead. Trust me. Its fairly
fast, but
> > don't forget the charge restrictions on Ork Gargants: when they
Charge,
> > they charge the NEAREST ENEMY UNIT!!!! They don't get to pick!
So you