RE: [NetEpic ML] Titan Close Combat

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:29:11 +0200

        I like it. It's simple, it's logical.

        Rune

                -----Original Message-----
                From: Warprat [mailto:warprat_at_...]
                Sent: 2000-04-12 11:05
                To: netepic_at_egroups.com
                Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] Titan Close Combat

                Hi Nils,

                That's not a bad idea!

                What does everyone else think?

                Warprat ;)

                nils.saugen_at_... wrote:

> Hi Warprat,
>
> This sounds like a good idea to me, but perhaps you could
add 1/2 a point of
> CAF for infantry and 1 for elite units and vehicles???
>
> Nils

vehicles with thier
> > CAF, as they did in the original Games Workshop rules.
> >
> > 2) Infantry and vehicles can hurt titans with just a
unit or two. In
> > the past, this could very, very rarely happen.
> >
> > 3) Cheap units, like Beastmen and Jet bikes, can act
like mini warp
> > missiles. A one in six chance to penetrate the titans
defenses, with a
> > 50% chance of damage. On the average, that equates to
12 Beastmen, or
> > Jetbikes.
> >
> > If you can get the Jetbikes to a Reavers side armor, for
example, you
> > have a 5 in 6 chance of a reactor hit.
> >
> > Elite units, like SM Vets, have a 1 in 6 chance to do
damage.

> > Against large swarms of infantry, the titan defense
system mostly works
> > as designed. Against small groups of infantry/vehicles,
it doesn't work
> > very well at all.
> >
> > 4) The Titan Defense System does not fit seamlessly into
the Close
> > Combat system. How do you combine the CAF of a titan,
and the
> > Electrohull?
> >

> > Warprat's Proposed Titan Combat Rules:
> >
> > Because of the Titan Defense System, (Electrohull,
spikes, Gretchin with
> > and without StikkBombs, bolters, poison, flame, cold,
sonics, bodily
> > fluids , flatulence, etc...) infantry and normal
vehicles are less
> > effective in Close Combat against titans.
> >
> > 1) Determine which units will be in combat with the
titan.

> > 2) Count up all the infantry/normal vehicles to attack
the titan.
> > Resolve this as ONE attack.
> >
> > A) Select one of the units to lead the coordinated
combat against the
> > titan. This unit will use it's full CAF.
> >
> > B) All the other infantry/vehicles add +1 to the Close
Combat Roll.

> > C) After the close combat is resolved, all
infantry/normal vehicles are
> > destroyed.
> >
> > Example: 10 Beastmen and a Terminator are attacked by a
Gargant.
> > Close Combat roll would be: 2d6 +16.
> >
> > D) Ground troops attack legs, skimmers and jumps get
thier choice.

> > E) If the titan loses the roll, it takes a hit, in a
location of the
> > opponents choosing.
> >

> > 4) Attacks in the same round, with additional Super
Heavies and up,
> > resolve Close Combat as normal. Add 1d6 as normal, for
each additional
> > Super and up.
> >
> > The close combat by the infantry/normal vehicles adds
nothing to the
> > Supers roll. The Supers add nothing to the
infantry/normal vehicle
> > roll.
> >

> > 5) Each sucessfull Close Combat roll against a titan,
causes a hit, that
> > is resolved immediatly, before further combat is
resolved. Succesive
> > damage rolls in the same location are cumulative, within
the Close
> > Combat Phase.
> >
> > 6) Supers and Knights are destoyed, if they lose.
Titans and
> > Preatorians take a hit.
> >
> > 7) The order of combat is chosen by the player with the
most units.

> > What does everyone else think?
> >
> > Warprat ;)
> >

> > Peter Ramos wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Please do, I remember we did discuss them and some
ideas we thrown
> > around,
> > > but we lost track.
> > >
> > > Thanks!