Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:07:31 +1000

At 08:47 PM 4/12/00 -0500, Peter wrote:

Howdy!

> Before they fall through the cracks lets get rid of two remaining issues:
>
> 1. Havoc missiles
>
> I'd prefer a stronger costlier version, because this takes two weapon hard
> points. Making it cheaper doesn't cut it because you still lose that one hard
> point. I suggest the following: the havoc rack has 6 missiles, each missile
> produces d3 templates, it may only fire 1 or 2 missiles a turn. Barrage
> points 6, save modifier -1. Cost 150.
>
> Opinions?

This sounds O.K. to me. I can understand the anguish at losing the Hardpoint.

> 2. Primarchs
>
> I think all would agree that all primarchs except Fulgirm deserve a 50 point
> increase. For fulgrim to earn it I suggest that his power change to the
> following: May control one unit of its choice within range (25cm) for that
> turn (no roll required). The unit automatically shrugs off the attack in the
> end phase, but may be attacked in the same way again next turn.
> Praetorians/titans and shielded units are immune. Its a non-physical psychic
> attack. this makes his power as useful as those other primarchs.
>
> Opinions?

This actually sounds semi-useful now. I always got really grumpy at the way GW
would do groovy stuff for all the Powers except Slaneesh. He seems to be the
out-of-favour power of the GW staff.

> 3. The use of Kelvin's idea on making a special card certain IG and space
> marine equipment. Please suggest a list of what should be available and which
> should be special cards (one per greater demon).
>
> Opinions?

Well, I was suggesting that they not become actual Special Card for Chaos, but
Special Minion Cards. They still take up a Minion Card slot, but are "Special"
in that each Daemon can only take ONE Special Minion Card in its retinue. I
think this will go a long way to reducing the abuse of allowing Marine and IG
gear for Chaos without stopping people who wish to use it.

> These seem to be the main chaos issues that remained in the air.

I think the other main issue is that they don't get a special bonus of 40VPs
before the game starts simply because they are Chaos and will always win in the
end! Mwahahahahaha! ;-)

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."