Re: [NetEpic ML] Lord of Battles

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:37:23 +1000

At 09:30 PM 4/12/00 -0600, Craig Jones wrote:

>Lord of Battles and Chaos cards...
>The rules for the Lord of Battle and the use of Chaos cards seems to be
>vague. The rule as stated "If damaged (via firing or close combat) the Lord
>of Battles can, as a Greater Daemon, use Chaos cards to avoid destruction.
>This must be done before the dice to determine damage are rolled." When
>exactly does this mean the card can be used?

Yes, the rules for the LoB and Chaos Card rescue ARE vague. GW cleared
them up in a Q&A for Titan Legions, but I'm not sure if the NetEpic rules
address it.

>* When the Lord of Battles is about to be destroyed (ie Head, Wheel
>hit, but not a Weapon hit)
>* When the Lord of Battles has been 'hit'

The card is used to avoid making a damage roll on the LoB's Damage Tables.
Once your opponent has hit, rolled for location and you've failed your save
on the location you can either roll on the damage table and take your
chances or you can sacrifice a random Chaos Card to avoid making the roll
(thus, ensuring the LoB's survival).

Don't forget the Golden Rule of Chaos Cards: They cannot be played ON ANY
unit that is mechanical in nature! This includes Titans, Tanks, Daemon
Engines and the Lord of Battles. Only squishy organic things like troop
stands and Daemons can be enhanced by playing a Chaos Card on it.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."