R: [NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos

From: Stefano Andreoni <ltremari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:52:56 +0200

Hai,

> > 1. Havoc missiles
> >
> > I'd prefer a stronger costlier version, because this takes two
> weapon hard points. Making it cheaper doesn't cut it because you
> still lose that one hard point. I suggest the following: the havoc
> rack has 6 missiles, each missile produces d3 templates, it may only
> fire 1 or 2 missiles a turn. Barrage points 6, save modifier -1. Cost
> 150.
> >
> > Opinions?

I desagree with the same cost I could mount on my warlord two rocket
batteries (remember the new version) and I have a better result. What is
the reason to take a banelord, it has so many weakness compared to warlords:
no first fire, +50 hull cost, semi fixed armament? When I started playng
chaos I used them, after two matches against eldars and their tempest
companies, next time I removed them from the list.
Concerning the hevoc missiles I want also note that their range is only 75
cm. when the rockets have a 100 cm. range.

> > 2. Primarchs
> >
> > I think all would agree that all primarchs except Fulgirm deserve a
> 50 point increase. For fulgrim to earn it I suggest that his power
> change to the following: May control one unit of its choice within
> range (25cm) for that turn (no roll required). The unit automatically
> shrugs off the attack in the end phase, but may be attacked in the
> same way again next turn. Praetorians/titans and shielded units are
> immune. Its a non-physical psychic attack. this makes his power as
> useful as those other primarchs.
> >
> > Opinions?

I desagree. Do you really think that magnus doesn't worth its 300 pts? For
450 pts I could take a cyclops, it has the same weapon, better because it
cause the maximun damage, not +3 at the damage roll; with the 150 pts
difference I will take 5 shield (remember the new void shield rules), 6
missiles, 2 melta guns, 4 battle cannons, a pretorian/titan damage
table...... And the other primarch? patetic, angron: 300 pts, caf +12, move
20 cm., special roar; with 150 pts I take a hive tyrant: caf +10, wounds 2,
regeneration, spell, terror.....
Mortarion: caf +10, special: plague wind; good if you arrive within 25 cm.
from enemies, but how many time this happened? I start my games at 80 cm.
from my opponent and in three turn game I can only move it 60 cm.!!
Fulgrim: I think that you have just said all.....
The only think to do is to lower the cost of greater demons (not primarchs)
they sucks!
When you say that primarch too often are present in a game I can answer that
devastator companies are too often present, tempest host are too often
present etc., so please penalize them also!

Stefano