Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos

From: Mike <slannesh_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:36:39 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <pramos2_at_u...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Not bad. Kinda like it better than mine, I'd stick with a low save
modifier
> though.
>

> >Yay! Chaos stuff!
> >
> >--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <pramos2_at_u...> wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> Before they fall through the cracks lets get rid of two remaining
> >issues:
> >>
> >> 1. Havoc missiles
> >>
> >> I'd prefer a stronger costlier version, because this takes two
> >weapon hard points. Making it cheaper doesn't cut it because you
> >still lose that one hard point. I suggest the following: the havoc
> >rack has 6 missiles, each missile produces d3 templates, it may
only
> >fire 1 or 2 missiles a turn. Barrage points 6, save modifier -1.
Cost
> >150.
> >>
> >> Opinions?
> >
> >I agree, but even with the stats you've proposed i'd never take
them
> >you'd get way better results out of two barrage missles at not much
> >more cost... perhaps something like this? <keep in mind i'm just
> >making up #'s off the top of my head>
> >6 missles, up to 3 may be fired per turn. Each missle gets D3
> >additional templates which must touch 2 other templates 6-8 barrage
> >points with a -2 or 3 save, alternately the missles can be direct
> >fired in an anti armour roll, no barrage template but for each
missle
> >a target is hit on 4 or 5+ taking D3 hits with a -2 or 3 save. Cost
> >300ish... That sounds like a weapon worth taking but without being
> >TOO stupid... keep in mind it does take Both yer carapace slots.

So how about this:
6 missles, up to 3 may be fired per turn. Each missle gets D3
additional templates which must touch 2 other templates 6 barrage
points with a -2 save, alternately the missles can be direct
fired in an anti armour roll, no barrage template but for each missle
a target is hit on 4+ taking D3 hits with a -3 save. Cost
300 pts.
That way if yer trying to take out armour you have a decent chance of
doing it but not overwhelming. you have a bit more flexibility than
you do with just 2 barrage missles and at similar performance... the
anti armour ablity costs more tho.

Mike