Re: [NetEpic ML] A little math on titan CC

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:58:08 -0500

Hi!

Granted to many d6's may be a hassle, the problem is 2d6 will not, on its
own, will not reduce swarming.

Of course, we could use the crease CAF idea and Ed's save modified by the
assaulters CAF, thus keeping it at 2d6.

Lets see what the odds look like. Again using the reaver analogy

Titans double CAF (Average result of 31)

The guard reach a draw / win with stand 8 (average 31.5)
Result: 7 stands die, 2-3 hits. With a CAF of 0 few hits get through, but
they have a chance, although slim.

Marine tactical get 30.5 with stand 3.
Result: 3 rhinos, 2-3 stands dead. Titan gets 3-4 hits. Half of these hits
may get through.

Veterans win big with stand 3.
Result: 3 rhinos, 2 stands away, 4 hits to titan. Most hits will get through
(the titan can only save on a 6)

Conclusions: the results are similar if not identical to the 4d6 idea. What
it comes down to is if people prefer a stat change or more die rolls. I
marginally favor the stat change.

Peter

> At 11:22 AM 4/16/00 -0500, Peter wrote:
> >Hi!
>
> Helloooo,
>
> >I propose the combination of Warprats rule of using 4d6 versus all
targets
> >except knight and praetorian class units (which would be 3d6). When a
titan
> >a titan gets hit we use Ed's suggestion and have the titan save using the
> >attackers CAF as a modifier. Elites gain a +1 to the damage roll if they
> >penetrate the armor to show that they put those charges where they count.
>
> If we use the 4D6, then what do Chainfists and its cousins then do in a
CC?