Re: [NetEpic ML] A little math on titan CC

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:45:14 +1000

At 06:58 PM 4/16/00 -0500, Peter wrote:
>Hi!

Hellooooo,

>Granted to many d6's may be a hassle, the problem is 2d6 will not, on its
>own, will not reduce swarming.

This is true. I know this problem well.

>Of course, we could use the crease CAF idea and Ed's save modified by the
>assaulters CAF, thus keeping it at 2d6.

<Snip the Odds>

I think either way we will get a similar result in the end. If we increase
the CAF, I think it should be an increase toward infantry/tanks ONLY. This
would represent the Titan's awesome defence systems while if it fights
other, larger targets, the impact of the defense systems is negligable.
When fighting a mixed assault, the infantry/tank assault should have
next-to-no bearing on the Knight/Praetorian/Titan assault, so there should
be no bonus dice to the larger-scale combat (for the reasoning on this, see
a previous post of mine).

This system could work well.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!