Re: [NetEpic ML] A little math on titan CC

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:33:58 -0000

> I propose the combination of Warprats rule of using 4d6 versus all
targets
> except knight and praetorian class units (which would be 3d6). When
a titan
> a titan gets hit we use Ed's suggestion and have the titan save
using the
> attackers CAF as a modifier. Elites gain a +1 to the damage roll if
they
> penetrate the armor to show that they put those charges where they
count.

I like this idea; I think it's the best proposal thus far.
Your other idea is good, too, but I still think casualties on elites
are too high. Sorry, but when a Titan gets assaulted by CC elites it
has to go down (unless geared for CC) with the elites taking
relatively few casualties. They're doing their job, and they're
supposed to be GOOD at it.
I'll repeat myself: I don't want 900 points of titan to be worth 900
points of long-range firepower *AND* 900 points of CC troops. No unit
in the game gets such a good deal; if you want to make NetEpic
dominated by titans, just rule they cost 1/3rd of their points an be
done with it.

Luca Lettieri