Re: [NetEpic ML] Warprat's CC

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:51:50 -0700

Hi Mike!

> After reading Warprat's rules they seem to be pretty good... not
> overwhelming for the infantry and most of them die in the attempt
> regardless... However having all Greater Daemons lumped in with
> infantry I have a problem with... they move like infantry but have
> always been classed as either super heavy or Knight... I REALLY don't
> think a +12 Bloodthirster is in the same class as ANY infantry, elite
> or not.

Fleshy Chaos units, including Greater Deamons, can use Chaos Reward
Cards. I wanted to avoid letting a +12 Bloothirster, become a 24 + 2d6
Bloodthirster (With the Growth Card), without giving the titan the
benefit of the Electrohull. And of course, that is only ONE card, Chaos
has many, many more. Greater Daemons can also save themselves, in close
combat, with a card.

I really don't want my Warlord, with a 14 +2d6 CAF to be in combat with
a 24 + 2d6 CAF Bloodthirster! Just doesn't seem right. ;)

> Looks like the numbers end up being similar... but the infantry tends
> to die horribly... The other question I had was Multiple hits...
> Why should Infantry be able to score multiple hits on a titan when
> not
> even other titans armed with multiple close combat weapons can score
> more than 1 hit?
> Just curious...
>
> Mike.

In the original Games Workshop rules, each model/stand in combat would
fight per the normal Close Combat rules we use in NetEpic. After the
fifth stand, the titan would take hit after hit.

But, one hit is really not enough. Larger numbers of troops should be
able to create more damage. The more damage a titan takes, the more
infantry should survive.

Supers and above, can attack after the infantry. Each inflicting it's
own damage, or being damaged/destroyed. The titan can be hit multiple
times.

Thanks for your comments, Mike!

Warprat ;)