Titan CC from Ed

From: <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:40:32 -0400

Ok here we go LOL
1) just use the normal Netepic rules for electro hull but instead of auto hit let the Titan save with modifyers from troop type
  A) -1 for all infantry
  B) -2 all small tanks
  C) -3 for Super Heavies
  D) -4 for with for knights
  E) all Peratorians and up use 2D6 vs 2D6 auto hit roll on damage table
I tried this with 2 squads of Assult marines and 2 squads of termies

10 Assult Marines tried 10 CC's against Warlord, most of the time only 2 get through electro hull, out of the 10 tries had 2 luck rolls that let 4 through. So on average Titan will only receive 2 hits at -1 to save, out of the 10 battles the Titan only had 2 hits that caused damage, and this was from the 2 rolls that let 4 men through, I was going for the head.
Thus 10 Assult Marines = 2 hits at -1 to save, a small chance to cause damage

2 squads of Termies 10 tries against Warlord, they are Elite so get through on 5+ instead of 6+. Most of the time only 4 Termies get through, out of the 10 tries I had 3 luck rolls that seen 5-6 models get through electro hull. So on average Titan will receive 4 hits at -1 to save vs leg, out of the 10 battles the Titan received 5 hits that caused damage. This shows that they are better troops and will have a better chance to hit.
Thus 2 squads of Termies = 4 hits at -1 to save, much better odds then normal troops.

From these 2 types of units we can just about tell what others will do. IG most of the Time will get 2 hits in at -1 to save against the leg.
Veterans will be like Termie squads, Exarches should also come out like Termies
The ones that will lose out the most will be small tanks, having small numbers in squads.

In Netepic electro hulls don't work on Supre Heavies, so I used the 2D6 vs 2d6 rule for them
So on average a Warlord Titan will roll 7+14CAF=21
3 of the best Super Heavies (Stromhammer) CAF 10
First one dies, second most of the time will lose or tie, the third will hit on average 14+10CAF=24. So 1 hit on the leg at -3 to save, The Titan will need to roll 4+ to save, not bad considering a tank the size of a house just ran into you at full speed.
And most of the time the Titan will be damaged but still working.

This will show that the best odds are in Knight class or up to have the best chance to take out a Titan

WEW thats alot of typing LOL, this is simple and to the point, for everybody is already firmillar with the rules. No math just one simple number to remember.