Re: [NetEpic ML] Warprat's CC

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:02:26 -0000

<snip detailed math analisys of the various CC systems>

> After reviewing the results, side by side, it seems to me that the
> Darius rules have a more "Desperate" feel to them. More carnage.
>
> In the end, how you vote, will depend on how much carnage you think
> Close Combat should do. And, of course, the simplicity factor.
>

> I LIKE the simple rule that Darius has proposed. I hate to say it,
but
> I also like the carnage level, and the "desperate" feel of it. Even
> more than my own rules! So, I'm switching my vote, in favor of
Darius's
> rules. Surprise!!!
>

> Darius, if I had a hat, I would tip it to you. Good going, nice
rules!

> What does everyone else think?

First of all, thanks for the number crunching. It was enlightening,
and I'm too lazy to do that myself :-)

We're talking about very minor points here. The fact is, in 99% of
the practical situations the two systems will yield equal results.
But I still prefer your system slightly, it gives a more accurate
distinction between elites and cheapies. I can live with both,
however :-)

One final note is: if the proposed systems are actually able to
change the mind of the ones who originally proposed their variations,
the average level must be high indeed!

Luca Lettieri

PS Just a minor clarification: no hard feelings on this part either
for the country debate.
...no more than what is necessary to secretly amass a few dozens
mechanized divisions ready to march on the capital of the offending
party, that is.... :-)