Re: Additional Issues

From: Jim Barr <jimebarr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:35:03 -0000

Hi!

I'm assuming you're mainly talking about Marine commanders. Nobz are
plenty tough, eldar don't really have separate COs aside from
Warlocks, etc., and IG CO's are usually much better off staying
w/their companies.

The rampaging Marine Captain or Commissar is a fairly common sight.
I think part of the reason is their lousy range compared to, say,
Nobz. If you've got a 25cm range w/no save mod, but a +4 CAF, yeah,
you're gonna go assault stuff. Charge towards an objective/building,
jump out of the rhino, assault whatever's there then dump two shots a
round at whoever tries to dig you out or your unit catches up.

Mebby give 'em a 50cm range? Would allow them to stick with their
units and still be useful. Captains of assault groups would still
have 25cm, and maybe adjust some others (Goff Nobz) to the same range
as their troops too.

As far as morale goes, don't Marine captains already give +1 morale,
making morale 2 marines basically an auto rally? Some of the other
races also have auto make morale-test things (Gork&Mork heads,
Greater Demons, etc) so I don't see a real need to add more stuff in
like that.

Jim