Re: [NetEpic ML] Additional Issues

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:48:22 GMT

>I'm not so sure about this. In my view if you don't support an attack
>adequately and permit nearby support on advance to clean you out after an
>assault the player didn't do his job.

My reasoning for an advance rule is not to prevent fire on the assaulting
troops, but rather to make assaults a bit more worthwhile, and to represent
how troops go "over the top" to take an objective.

After annihilating the enemies holding their objectives, I feel that the
infantry should be able to follow up and move unto whatever their enemies
were defending. If they can't do this, why should they assault in the first
place???