Re: [NetEpic ML] Additional Issues

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:19:11 -0700

Hi Hellreich!

When I play my Ultra Marines, I usually keep them close to thier own
units. The Scout Company does not get the same 5+ morale roll, as other
marine companies, so I put the Veteran Command unit with the Scouts, to
ensure a better morale roll.

The 1+ morale modifier does not seem to be a big deal in the Rally
phase, after most everyone is dead. But, if making a morale roll vs.
deamons, or Blood Claws, etc... it can make quite a difference.

Usually, my commanders start out by thier companies, reinforcing the
Morale rolls. As the battle progresses, sometimes they will heroicly
charge a unit of enemy, to pin them, and buy thier hard fighting
comrades a little time.

Or, I sometimes use them to grab an objective.

Marine Commanders are quite usefull. Unlike IG commanders, (because of
the excellent marine training), marine commanders can pursue a wide
variety of duties, not just directing troops. Marine Commanders are
more heroic in nature.

Frankly, I never thought of using them in roving packs. An interesting
idea, but one I would never use. Ny die rolling is never lucky enough
to always roll a 5 or less. I like the automatic save, so I tend to
keep my commanders close.

What does everyone else think?

Warprat ;)