Slann, the required balance

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:21:28 -0500

Hi!

I have seen al the comments with great interest. I have also used the epic
points formula on some slann units and found them to be under priced. The
bottom line is that they are too cheap and perhaps my original points costs
was on the ball.

Most prices for support cards were off by 50-75 points meaning the company
cards are off from 100-225 points. So in fact some units do need a
substancial points increase.

It is much greater prefered to change points costs, but these are the
changes I think should be done:

1. The nullify field HAS to shrink in size to just 6cm. I think this is a
major complain from opponents and the 15cm distance is TOO much.

2. Warp field displacement shield. I have to agree that a 3+ fixed save
followed by a 1+ save is again TOO MUCH. A standard 5+ or 4+ for special
units is more than good enough.

3. Titan costs will not changed from what has been discussed, ony the rest
of the army will.

4. Lets divide the slann army as follows:

    True slann, they are few and expensive, so regardless of army core you
can get as much true slann as you can afford, they are the masters
after all.

Necron, you may take 25% of exodites and dracon

Exodites and dracon, you may take 25% of necron

5. The self repair ability does not extend to CC.

Is this acceptable?

I will soon list alternate cost for slann units.

Peter