Re: [NetEpic ML] Stagadon vs. Leviathan

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:02:44 -0500

Hi!

No doubt that the slann were underpriced, but not the whole list. The main
problem were the knights and thte necron.

The knights are obviously more powerful than their counterparts with a fixed
save and a regular one, also they have better weaponry. These were
significantly raised. Also the powerful bullfrog is only available as a
support card not a company card any more to maintain balance.

The prices are very high as they should be because knights by all playtest
accounts are very resilient to fire. Cost now varies for one detachment from
450 to 700 points depending on the type.

I think these prices will stand the playtest, but we'll see.

The necron were also underpriced and in some cases their proces went up a
lot, especially vehicles since their self repair ability makes killing them
after fire hard. They vary from 250 to 450, much higher than any other
armies, but this must be so since their armor save and weapons are so much
better than what others have.

The rest of the army, exodites and dracon had minor changes, these units are
more similar to other armies in stregnth, certain changes like depriving
most dracon of saves makes good sense in the context of their "cannon
fodder" nature.

Some other changes like lowering the mech warp field save to 5+ in most
cases and 4+ for special mechs also will balance things out. They are still
powerful and expensive but not overly so. The 3+ fixed save with another
save behind that is too much. The lowe one will be more balanced.

Self repair will not work in close combat. Mainly because the slann are more
of a shooting army than a close combat one, so giving this would be out of
character and of course unbalancing.

Units like the vanguard are now only a special card with 5 models at around
500 or so.

Gravguards take their place as company cards, duely priced (high around 1000
or so for a couople of detachments)

As playtest contiues we'll adjust things more, but we have changed things
significantly to balance it out with cost and stat changes.

Peter