Re: [NetEpic ML] How to kill Imperiator using Squats ??

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:23:32 -0500

Hi!

Squats, on occasion, may have problems dealing with titans, since they lack
their own and thier big praetorians may be too slow or not have sufficient
arc of fire to fire at them with all weapons.

First, judge during a game wether it is WORTH taking it out. If your
opponent is taking this beast he is most surely conceeding one important
advantage against you-numbers!

At 2250 he is simply havng to little troops, which is very good for you
since squats have few troops too. This in combination with your high break
point means you can actually win a war of attrition-a rare thing for the
squats.

In this case I'd take a lot of infantry and tunnelers and sprout around most
or all the objectives on the table, with little resources he cannot
challenge you effectively.

Go after his other units to rack up the VP's you need. By the time his
Imperator inflicts enough casualties all his other units will be broken.

Now if you want to take the Imperator out just to spite your foe heres
how....

Shields, that is the Imperators strength, so you must deploy things to take
them down and in the squat army that has one word-thunderers, lots of them.

One detachment of thunderers has 15 attack dice!! Deploy these in a strike
force as follows:

2 to 3 thunderer units and one collosus or cyclops
one units of berserkers or bike units in reserve.

Whith at least two thunderer units and THIRTY attack dice and a 75cm range
the Imperator is in for a rough time. Once shield are down hit with the
praetorians. Note while the Imperator has weapons that reach over 75cm, most
of its weapons are 75cm or less. The annhilator is powerful, but the many
shields on a praetorian can protect it. If it is in range to use its lower
ranged weapons, so be it, so will yours be in range.

Once you down the shields, dont go for the high yield areas, their saves are
so insanely good, you'll waste precious shots. Go for stuff that reduces its
energy accumulation and especially its ability to regenerate shields. That
will make it vulnerable for a longer time.

If the cyclops has a claer shot to a shieldless Imperator, go for broke! But
remember permanently destroying its shield generators is just as good. Also
go for the weapons like the annihilator, without it the Imperaot is nothing.
Strip it then kill it, thats the idea!

Use your berserkers and bikes as sacrificial lambs to keep his troops from
your thunderers, every turn they fire unimpeded counts! Also use transports
if you can afford them to get those thunderers into position early on
advance, than go on first fire. Use cover so the Imperators main weapons get
a penalty to hit.

The Imperator is worth 24 VP's, calculate how many other units and
objectives you can hold on for sure so as to gain victory.

Peter

Thats some things you can do, but remember if you want to take it out, you
have to go all out. Half hearted attempts will just lose you the game.