Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Epic what form will it take.?

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:20:26 +0200

"E. Carrington" wrote:
> When it comes to GW and the 'wargames' it produces, we're all so
> cynical, that we immediateley know that any new version of Epic will
> be geared towards a vast money making enterprise and will have a life
> expectancy (as in promoted, advertised, etc.) of about six months.
> For example, whatever happened to Blood Bowl, Necromunda, and Epic
> 40K? It's all dead, dead, dead. I actually wonder how long Mordheim,
> Warmaster and Battlefleet Gothic will last? Mordheim is a Warhammer
> version of Necromunda but with less appeal (in some regards), and
> Battlefleet Gothic is little too similar to a real wargame (actually
> requires some thought) to keep the kiddies (the real customers of GW
> products these days)interested.

This isn't so strange GW marketing policy it's to have a core business
(WH40K, WHFB) and a bunch of "satellite" games that lasts for few months
and are usually "one shot" type games (so no or few expansions and
support), they at 2-3 years interval propose the same game with some
"make up" changes.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
mailto:canapicc_at_...