Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic what form will it take.?

From: <psorah_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 02:53:30 -0000

I find it intreging that the biggest complaint I hear about
TL/SM/Epic is that the minis are not at scale to the rest. how
Imperitors should be bigger, how do you fit 15 orcs in a battlewagon,
etc. If GW does make it 10mm this should help eliviate this problem
for most gamers, as we could simply use our current troops, but the
new larger vehicles and titans.

As for the other complaints of dumming the game down, we must be
carefull. if it takes a "dummer" game to attract the "kiddies" then
we should support this. "Kiddies" eventually grow up to be "serious
gamers". If we are to survuve natural attrition, we must attract
younger blood into the gaming field. So if we could get "kids" to
play a dummed down version of the game, eventually as the grow up and
their tastes change we can introduse them to netepic/TL/SM/Epic, as
our fancies go.

just some rambling thoughts.

     Paul

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "dardman" <dardman_at_n...> wrote:
> Let them go 10mm with their future epic, there are a number of
manufactures who make 10mm fantasy, sci-fi and military infantry,
tanks and equipment. I have been painting their models so long
something new would be a breath of fresh air even if the quality
isn't up to their standards. Reaper and Ral Partha make some great
figures--10mm is the battle tech line. So I hope they put out a rule
book, that way we don't have to buy boxed sets until we have read the
rules and don't have to buy their minis.