How did you get into epic?

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:00:55 -0500

Hi!

Those who have been around for a while know I am a old sap when it comes to
the "good ol' days".

I was remembering on how I got into epic, which it was in quite a round
about way. Believe it or not I once DID play warhammer 40K <shudder>. In the
glory days of the rogue trader and such illustrious tomes. My wife actually
bought me for my birthday the rogue trader and the old realm of chaos book.
I was hooked over the background and I bought a crapload of 40k models. As I
learned more about the hobby I saw a game named "Adeptus Titanicus". I liked
the concept and bought it. It was almost an afterthought. As I read the
rules and played it I got sucked in more and more. After a quite awful
tourney for 40k (the power mongering and poor rules were everywhere) I
ditched 40k for good, sold off all the models and bought more epic. The rest
was history.

How did you guys "find" epic, or did "epic" find you?

Peter