Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] How did you get into epic?

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 03:16:57 -0400

As you can see the rules had "slight" problems. I invented these all to
compete with players who brought ever more powerful cheese to the table,
no
gamesmanship whatsoever. Of course after these doosies I got my sweet
revenge.

Peter

-->Oh yeah...what was the big Level 4 power? Armageddon? Something like
that...technically I had the game end before it even started. but I
usually only pulled stunts like that to slap down some power gamer. But
what I liked about it was the Army lists that came out with the
Compendium and Compilation (as well as the RoC books). Limits on certain
units, minimums on others, yet a lot of flexibility, and it kept with the
fluff. Unlike the way things are done in 3ED. That, and while psykers
were over powered in RT, they didn't have enough variety in 2E, and are
next to useless in 3E. I really liked 2E the best of the WH40K sets.
Had lots of fun playing. Still do too...

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell