Re: [NetEpic ML]

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 01:04:33 -0700

Hi again, Kelvin!

> >Excellent, excellent comments, summary and advice! I pretty much do the
> >same thing you do, but I can never pass up the Goffs. The chance of
> >getting stikkbombs for them is just too much for me.
>

> Thank you. I prefer to give my Stikkbombz to the Madboyz. If they blow
> themselves up, its much funnier than if the troops I paid points for do.
> Plus I get the advantage of giving them a roll when they do! Heh, heh!
> Ah, I still remember the day I fielded 40 stand of Madboyz. Ah now that
> was a sight. Plus the look on the Eldar player's face.....
>
> And just to clear the record, I'm not saying that Goffs suck! I'm just
> saying they suck when I play them! I have seen them used to devastating
> effect, tried the same tactic myself and died in droves. Black, white and
> red are just bad-luck colours when I use them I guess. If others get value
> out of the Goffs I can only envy them. EVERY SINGLE TIME I have used them
> they have failed me and I've given them more than a few chances. For me,
> its lucky ol' Yellow and Blue. I love my Deathskullz.

He he, giving Stikkbombs to the Mad Boyz would be funny! But I like to
power my Wierdboy Tower with them. If the tower blows, the loss is
shuggable.

Too bad you have such bad luck with the Goffs!

When I take the Goffs, I like to load them up in Skullhammas. 45cm
charge move is awsome, for a superheavy. When facing a heavy gunned
opponent, I unload them, at the end of the Skullhammas move. When
facing only troops, I leave them loaded, and take my chances. Leaving
them loaded, in plain sight of enemy troops, tends to create quite a
reaction in my opponents. I don't know why? ;)

And if I lose one of the Shullhammas, its no big deal. It probably
aborbed a lot of fire, before it went down. Or, I leave them loaded,
behind cover, and strike on turn two.

Ahhhh, Skullhammas and Goffs, a perfect combination. Add in a Painboy,
and you have something even better. How sweet it is!

Warprat ;)