Re: [NetEpic ML] Sisters of Battle & the other Imperial lists.

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:43:52 -0400

I view the IG and space marine as two TRUE distinct parts with their own
character. The tech guard I'd put in as a "special" contigent for the IG,
where they can take up to 25% of tech guard forces and in the case of
sisters of battle I'd make them another "chapter" for marines and thus be
another special force where they could bring 25% too. Thus it would
reduce 4
armies to 2 big ones, each with a smaller specialized force to draw from
for
allies. The only restrictions is that you can't ally between IG and space
marine units.

-->Well, I agree and disagree with Peter here. I agree in that I think
that there should only be two distinct army lists for Imperials, SM and
IG. These are the two main forces that operate in the Imperium. The
SoB's should be part of teh IG force, for internal political reasons
(distrust of the SMs towards the Ecclesiarchy, etc). That, and that's
the fluff from the 40K codex. I also agree in limiting Adeptus
Mechanicus support for the armies (yes both of them), in some fashion.
We may be over complicating things by having two sets of standards
(special cards, and 25% point restrictions). Most of the big nasties
from teh TG list, can be made special cards, thus limiting their
appearances on the board. But I strongly disagree (no suprise), in the
no SM-IG "allies." Again, this denies Imperial doctrine. There are
other ways of handling this, without such a severe divorcing of the two
(see my other post).

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell