Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Sisters of Battle & the other Imperial lists.

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:38:45 -0400

This is true, but it does not solve the real problem - which is, any
commander worth of his title would use the "combined army approach"
every day of the week. It just makes sense, after all.

-->This is intentional I believe. While it is possible, and feasible to
operate them all as sperate armies, the intent is to use a combined
force, as it would be the most common. That, and most of teh fluff
indicates combined arms in use, and not just the individual branches on
their own.

Of course, we all know this would lead to cheesed-out armies. This is
not all that bad, actually. It's only proper that any heretic foolish
enough to challenge the almighty Empire of Humankind feels THE WRATH
OF THE EMPEROR'S ARMIES AND DIES, DIES, DIES!!!!
MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

-->LOL. While the sentiment is right and proper (The only good heretic
is a dead heretic), I feel we're off base on the "cheese" thing here.
It's more than just power gaming I must say. We also have to factor in
the availability of models (or substitutes), for new players. When I
first started, I had to field a combined force, because I didn't have
enough models to do a "pure" force. Have you guys seen how much those
Ordinatus models are going for on Ebay? Waaayyyy too much IMO. Newer
players, like those who only got inot things with E40K, just aren't going
to either own the models, or have access to them. Our perceptions are
colored by the fact that many of us have been at this a while, and have
most of the models (I don't still, though I have enough to make "pure"
armies), and thus see them on a regular basis. Some people that I play
with, are relative new comers to the game, and just don't have the
massive collections that exist among the members of this list. So, I
don't see the "cheese" thing as being all that common, outside of those
active on this list. Take it for what it's worth...

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell