Re: [NetEpic ML] IG/TG/SoB and all things Imperial

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 02:22:57 -0400

>snippage<

Well hellreich, I think you are misreading some things. The original
AT/SM1 stuff was all in the Heresy era, 10,000 years prior to the current
"game time." And I did make reference to that era, and the Great crusade
prior to that. Things are different between the two eras. I'd like to
do a Heresy era source book, with lists and such, to reflect this. It's
why I'll be doing the quasi-official time line stuff, to try and put his
all inot a cohesive format, and eliminating some of the contradictory
fluff that currently is floating around. But to expand further on some
of your points, yes the AM have their own forces, but do not operate on
their own. they are defensive in nature, to protect their vital forge
worlds, and Mars. They have no real interest in galactic dominions, and
exist in a symbiotic relationship with the imperium at large. they
support the IG and SM in return for worlds suitable to them, and for
first dibs on any tech finds on conquored worlds. While they may have
been more active in the Era when the Emperor ranged the stars alive, they
do not do so now. We need to set the definitive era, which IMo should be
the 41st millenium, and save the Heresy era stuff for a special codex of
its own.

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell