RE: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] IG/TG/SoB and all things Imper ial

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:45:08 +0300

[snip]

No. Actually IG are the cream of the crop of the PDF. Each planet has it's
own PDF as a standing army to act as the first line of defense. SM and IG
reinforcements are just brought in after an invasion.

Codex Exercitus:" All of the worlds of the Imperium shall look to their own
defence. They shall also look to the defence of the Imperium, and the
prosecution of such wars as the Emperor in his wisdom shall decree.

Therefore (emphasis mine), EACH POPULATED PLANET SHALL RISE AND MAINTAIN ITS
OWN PLANETARY DEFENSE FORCE AND FROM THE RANKS OF THIS DEFENSE FORCE IT
SHALL PROVIDE THE BEST OF ITS TROOPS FOR RECRUITMENT INTO THE IMPERIAL
GUARD, according to such requirements as shall be imposed by the
Administratum." This is from Warhammer 40000 Compendium; I do not know the
number of the WD this originally appeared. So you see I am not changing the
history at all. IG is used to fight wars of conquest or re-conquest. PDF is
there to defend planets of the imperium.

Jyrki Saari